Sunday, January 2, 2011

Many Meetings


Stodgy Legs Elf hadn't used her quill in a very long time. She wanted to run and to write beautiful stories about how she had succeeded at running, but a wiffle-tilt had smaggered her lumbar and caused all kinds of jabbing peevernicks, and as anyone knows, it's impossible to run with jabbing peevernicks connected to one's spine.

"I will have to heal again", thought Stodgy Legs. "In the meantime I will work on strengthening my back and reduce my run to a slow but steady walk.

The worst part about it all was that Stodgy Legs Elf really had very little time to use a quill any more. She had returned to the Elvish School for Elves Who are Gluttons for Pain to become a Master Elf, and was riddled with many meetings that kept her entirely too busy. "Sigh", she thought. "I guess I will have to try to run without telling all the beautiful stories. Perhaps I will pop in occasional and regale the intertwined audience of net with a story of glory or one of failure, sorrow and pain."

No comments:

Post a Comment